Burberry Group PLC - COVID-19: Protecting our People and Communities
COVID-19: Protecting our People and Communities
"Since the outbreak of COVID-19, our priority has been the safety and wellbeing of our employees, our customers and our communities. While we continue to take mitigating actions to contain our costs and protect our financial position, we are also committed to safeguarding jobs and supporting the relief efforts during this global health emergency. I would like to thank our teams for their continued determination and resilience as we continue
Given the rapidly evolving situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to provide an update on the steps we are taking to support our employees, our customers and our communities.
Over the past three months, we have put in place measures to help prevent the spread of the virus and ensure employee safety and wellbeing, including temporarily closing retail stores and implementing strict social distancing protocols. We have also looked beyond Burberry, dedicating resources to supporting those in need and preventing further infection. This includes turning over our trench coat factory in
While we continue to look hard at our cost base, reducing spend on non-essential areas, we have decided to take the following additional steps to support our priorities over the next few months:
· We will continue to maintain base pay for all employees who are unable to fulfil their roles because of store or site closures.
· We will not rely on government support for jobs in the
· Our senior leaders will take a voluntary 20% pay cut from April through June.
· The Board of Directors has agreed to a voluntary 20% reduction in their base salary and fees from April through June, with the equivalent cash amount to be donated to the
Our trench coat factory in
Amendment to 2020 Financial Calendar
Recognising the unprecedented challenges faced by companies and their auditors in preparing audited financial statements in the current environment, we have agreed with
Investors and analysts
| || |
020 3367 4458
VP, Investor Relations
| || |
020 3367 3764
VP, Corporate Relations
Notes to editors
• BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device, the Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Burberry Group PLC
Market Cap: £6.26 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE