What it does
The group says its investments are those that its directors have identified as “having significant upside” for the company.
What it owns
As of 20 April 2020, the company’s portfolio consists of;
- The Diabetic Boot Company – Firm focused on the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers through its PulseFlow diabetic-friendly footwear
- Factom – Blockchain company using the technology to simplify records management, record business processes and address security and compliance issues
- Vemo Education – Education technology company that looks to solve student debt problems by developing income share agreement programmes and deferred tuition plans
- Yooya – Chinese online video distribution network. Provides distribution as well as licensing and rights management services in China across major online video platforms
- Leap Gaming – Developer and provider of 3D gaming technology and products with a focus on virtual sports and virtual casino
- Juvenescence - Therapeutics and development company focusing on improving and extending human lifespans
- Emmac – Company focused on the production and supply of medicinal cannabis, hemp and other derivative products
- Portage Biotech - Works to enable research & development to produce clinical programs for a variety of cancers by providing funding, strategic business and clinical counsel, and shared services
- In mid-April, FastForward said Portage Biotech has entered clinical trials for its lead candidate to treat solid cancer tumours
- Leap Gaming has recently signed a deal to develop a virtual tennis project with IMG Arena in partnership with ATP Media, which will be released in May
- Emmac has launched the UK's first operational distance pharmacy dedicated to fulfilling medical cannabis prescriptions, extended operations in Germany and successfully completed its first export into Israel
Video - Non-executive director Ed McDermott
What the boss says – Chairman Lorne Aborny
"We continue to focus on providing investors with exposure to disruptive growth opportunities that have near-term re-rating potential and would otherwise be inaccessible. To this end, we currently have eight investee companies of varying size and spanning several sectors, some of which have had recent notable successes”.
“Naturally, it is a hard market for fundraising, which will delay the growth of some companies, however, others are performing well such as online gaming group, Leap Gaming, which is seeing an increase in interest and business under the Pandemic circumstances. Importantly, FastForward has cash reserves available and is therefore well positioned to weather this difficult period with no adverse effects to its own operation."